The Black Bear Inn is Ketchikan, Alaska’s premier waterfront Bed and Breakfast and Luxury Vacation Rental. The Inn, completed in 2005, was designed for guest’s privacy and relaxation. Its unique furnishings, elegant décor and numerous amenities can only be matched by the finest of hotels. All of the Black Bear Inn’s rooms have stunning views of the Tongass Narrows.
Alaska’s best artists are featured throughout the Inn. Sirius satellite surround sound greets the guests upon arrival and free high speed Wireless Internet is available everywhere on the property. The Inn is immaculate and all guests are treated to genuine Alaskan hospitality.
Whether you are looking for a romantic Bed and Breakfast Get-A-Way or an outstanding Vacation Rental, the Black Bear Inn is perfect. It is set up to accommodate large families, business groups, fishing parties, or wedding guests. You can rent all four bedrooms in the main house, the one-bedroom luxury apartment, the two bedroom cabin, or one bedroom with private bath in the main house. The entire property can accommodate up to 16 people and is open year-round.
The Black Bear Inn can accommodate short-term stays by guests who are departing on, or returning from other Alaskan adventures. Baggage storage and departure transportation can be provided. Fishing Charters, Women’s Adventure &Fishing Trips and Sea Kayak Fishing Charters can be arranged through the Inn between May and October. Stays can be customized to include catered meals and a driver. The kitchen is available to guests who chose to bring their own chief.
Eagles, Ravens and Seagulls perch in the Sixty-year-old Spruce and Cedars that border the property’s park-like setting. Multilevel decking wraps around the house providing outstanding spots to sit back and watch wildlife, float planes, barges, fishing boats, world-class yachts, Alaska ferries, and cruise ships. The covered outdoor Hot Tub, fire pit and BBQ, on the waters edge, is the most romantic place to watch Ketchikan’s majestic sunsets. There is an outdoor crab cooker, fish smokerand fish cleaning area for guests to prepare their catch of the day.
The main house has four distinctive, beautifully appointed guest bedrooms with private entrances and baths, fireplaces, flat screen TV’s with DVD and VCR players, refrigerators, phones and wireless Internet. The well-designed kitchen offers top of the line appliances, a crystal chandelier, Italian tile work and everything needed to prepare that special meal. When you rent all four bedrooms in the main house, the kitchen can be used for cooking.
Black Bear Inn Kitchen Continental breakfast and snacks are always included with your stay. Indoor and outdoor eating areas are provided for privacy or to accommodate large groups.The living room has a warm luxurious feel enhanced by a hand built designer fireplace in the corner. A leather couch makes into a queen bed when needed. The room has a flat panel TV, a DVD and VCR player, a game and movie cabinet and a library. There is a full bathroom and spacious laundry room off the living area. The laundry has an ironing area and an upright fish freezer.
The Inn provides free local phone calling and free use of a copy, scan and fax machine.
The Eagles Nest, a beautiful one-bedroom apartment on the top floor of the Inn, has its own private entrance and covered porch. Please go to our Accommodations Page for more information and pictures. The Bunkhouse, a private, romantic cabin that sets next to the main house is our newest guest retreat. Please go to our Accommodations Page for more information and pictures.
The Inn is non- smoking, but covered porches can be used for smoking.
Nicole & James Church Black Bear Inn
Visit the Black Bear Inn website for Room and Suite Information: www.stayinalaska.com
Other B & B Accomodations in Ketchikan
- Westend – Near Airport and Ferry
- Carlanna Creek Vacation Rental – Newly remodeled one-bedroom apartment with large kitchen, full private bath and laundry facilities.
- Corner Bed & Breakfast – One-bedroom apartment, no stairs to climb, outfitted kitchen, private bathroom.
- Shoreline Bed & Breakfast – Home on the water with two B&B; rooms, two shared bathrooms, one with Jacuzzi tub.
- Tower Road Vacation Rental – One-bedroom apartment, outfitted kitchenette, private bathroom and laundry facilities.
Downtown – Ketchikan Historical District
- S&E; Bed & Breakfast – One or two bedroom suite on Ketchikan Creek, private bathroom, one with kitchenette, other with two-person Jacuzzi tub. A Deluxe 3-Night Package is available.
- The 2nd Waypoint – Located on a quiet old Ketchikan street with a pleasing view of Ketchikan Creek. A private, spacious and comfortable 2 bedroom, 1 ½ bath home with full kitchen, washer/dryer and deck.
- Thomas Street Vacation Rental – One-bedroom apartment, outfitted kitchen, private bathroom; Studio B&B; suite, kitchenette, private full bathroom, semi-private entrance. Adjoining office space available for rent with internet access.
South of Ketchikan
Ravens View Vacation Rental
Treat yourself to our welcoming home built in 2000, nestled midway down an ocean-side hill. Ravens View Vacation Rental, finished in 2009, has a private entrance in the lower level of the hosts’ home, with magnificent views over Clover Passage. From inside the living area, or from the wonderful huge deck outside, you can enjoy captivating morning rainbows, mist rising, sun sets, salmon jumping, otters and seals playing below, or Humpback and Orca Whales passing by before your very eyes!
Enjoy the solitude, in a secluded private and tranquil setting among huge Red Cedar and Western Hemlock trees where nest Bald Eagles, Ravens and Great Blue Herons. You can see song birds and hear their lovely singing notes from within the surrounding forest.
Our out-of-town location makes access easy to explore the wilderness at hand. This vacation rental is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, small families, retirees, as well as business professionals who want to experience being close to nature, and away from the hustle and bustle of town, but have the convenience of modern technology. After a long day of hiking, biking, kayaking or fishing, you can come back to the comforts of home. Or, if you have decided to extend a camping experience, but are ready to move indoors, this is as close to nature as you can get. Ravens View will perfectly meet your needs.
With Alaskan warmth, our Ravens View unit offers a cozy 2 bedroom retreat that will sleep up to four people. The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils, basic staples, and appliances. Enjoy a snack or supervise the cook sitting at the tile covered kitchen island. Dine in the comfort of the living area, or outdoors. For those wanting to BBQ your fresh catch of the day, or other treat, a charcoal grill is provided outdoors on the covered deck. For your convenience, a washer, dryer, and laundry soaps are available in the alcove of the bathroom. Perfect for light travelers!
The vacation rental provides free local phone service, wireless internet service, cable TV, DVD, VCR and radio. This place is nonsmoking.
Enjoy the perennial gardens and tall trees along a short walk up the driveway. Paint your fingers blue or red, picking wild Alaska blueberries, huckleberries and salmon berries to your heart’s content.
We are just minutes from these amenities: 2 marinas for boat rental or fishing charters, a kayak outfitter and zip line, a grocery store, and public parks with hiking trails, picnicking, beach combing, and totem poles. Town is just a quick 25 minutes from Ravens View. Ketchikan, historically known as Alaska’s Salmon Capital, boasts of working harbors. Take a walk on the docks and see if our fishing fleets are in port. Ketchikan has year round entertainment both outdoor and indoors. There is vibrant downtown, state-of-the-arts medical facilities, and an active arts and humanities community. There are athletic events, arts & craft fairs, and frequent musical and theatrical productions scheduled throughout the year.
- Captain’s View Bed & Breakfast – Studio apartment with large kitchen, private bathroom and washer/dryer.
- Cottage at Herring Cove Vacation Rental – Two-story cottage with kitchen, living room and master bedroom on the ground floor, and three small bedrooms upstairs. Laundry room, cable TV/VCR, and private telephone.
- Waypoint Inn at Herring Bay – Deluxe studio suite on the water, outfitted kitchen, private bathroom, and washer/dryer.
North of Ketchikan
- A Place Apart Bed & Breakfast – Four bedrooms: two downstairs and two upstairs and a shared full bathroom on each floor with tub/shower combination. Each bedroom has a small refrigerator, microwave, dishes and flatware.
- Alaska Coastal Retreat – Two-bedroom apartment on the beach with one queen bed and three twin beds, outfitted kitchen, full bath, washer and dryer and large chest freezer.
- “Almost Home” Bed & Breakfast – Three apartments to choose from: one, two or three bedrooms, all with private bathrooms, outfitted kitchens, and shared laundry facility. These apartments can be combined to accommodate large parties.
- “Almost Home” Vacation Rental – Duplex located on the water: Upstairs one-bedroom apartment with outfitted kitchen, private bathroom, washer and dryer; Downstairs three-bedroom apartment, outfitted kitchen, two private bathrooms, washer and dryer.
- Alaska’s Hidden Cove Vacation Rental – Four-bedroom deluxe beach house, outfitted kitchen, two private bathrooms, washer and dryer.
- Christmas House Bed & Breakfast – Two-bedroom beach cabin on the water, outfitted kitchen, private full bathroom.
- The Halibut Barn – One-bedroom cabin, outfitted kitchen, private bathroom, washer and dryer.
- Togoia House – Three bedroom private house, outfitted kitchen, two bathrooms with Jacuzzi tub, washer and dryer.
To book with any of the above, visit: www.ketchikan-lodging.com